Do you think anyone ever tells boys that they’re not allowed to enjoy drawing or looking at pretty girls?
Do you think any art teacher in the history of art teachers ever told a young man that painting a female nude was a waste of time and not real art?
#maybe there will come a day when i won’t feel obligated to reblog this immediately
That day is not today.
Castiel, the real Sleeping BeautyWHAT IS HAPPENING
So today I realized why Sherlock is so clear about saying “WE would never do that to John Watson”—or I guess why Moffat made such an effort to emphasize this statement and why it hurt me so much to hear Sherlock say it
Because in TRF, Sherlock DID do that to John Watson. Back when he didn’t realize how important he was to John, because he never expected to be anyone’s best friend. He did that to John Watson, and he’s been slowly throughout S3 fully realizing what a horrible thing that was to do—to do to someone who loves him to pieces.
But then John was like “of course you’re my best friend” and said he loved him and groped his knee, and now, at this point in TSoT, he’s given his speech. He’s had his epiphany.
He knows what a terrible, horrible thing that is to do to John Watson. And in telling Sholto “WE would never do that to John Watson,”he is speaking from experience and also making a promise. He makes the vow before he makes the vow. He will never again do that to John Watson.
Ugh yeah so probably everyone else already got that but jeez it just hit me today at work I’m dying don’t touch me
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
4. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
5. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
6. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
7. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
8. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
9. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
10. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
11. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
13. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
14. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
15. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
A self care list. I’ve been working on this. I promise it’s worth it.
children gather around
i personally promise you that johnlock will be canon in bbc sherlock
my word is gold and you can hold me to it
i hate it when my “friends” just dismiss something i’m really passionate about like “oh you’re talking about that again” like shut up don’t ruin this for me do you know how many times i’ve pretended to care or even genuinely tried to get interested in what you like????? the least you could do is fake it rather than making me feel like a burden
This is one of the most hurtful things friends do